Our Approach to Condominium Management
Each of our properties is evaluated and assigned a Licensed Condominium Manager, who is tasked with managing the property and facilitating all aspects of property management. Your manager is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of your property are conducted professionally and the policies of the Board are implemented in all situations.
When you start working with Wilson Blanchard, your Condominium Manager will sit down with your Board and identify all property issues in order to obtain a clear understanding of your goals, objectives, and to provide you with a tailored plan for your finances and operations.
Ongoing monthly reporting will ensure that you have a clear and accurate picture of all property activities and issues raised since the last Board meeting, and provide you with an accurate picture of your community’s finances. Our condominium management services include:
1. Sustainability + Management
Keeping your condominium functioning at its best with core services and comprehensive maintenance solutions.
Our services sustain your community’s day-to-day functions, while our team maintains the level of care your residents deserve.
Professional consultation to your Board is an essential element of our condominium administration services. Wilson Blanchard provides a local management support team to assist with community administration, management, supervision, and resolving contracts and disputes.
- Annual Management — Attendance at regularly scheduled annual meetings for your condominium corporation, including the creation of an annual management calendar.
- Contracts & Disputes — Contract negotiation and dispute resolution with homeowners carried out within governing document guidelines.
- Trusted Supervision — Supervision of personnel and subcontractors working on your condominium property.
Experienced governance and steering for your condo Board and committee meetings.
We provide oversight to ensure fair elections for your condominium corporation and rigorous monthly reporting. A community website provides homeowners with ways to gain access to relevant governing documents, in advance or following Board meetings.
- Board & Committee Meetings — Preparation and attendance at Board, committee, and annual meetings for your condominium corporation.
- Fair Elections — Oversight process to ensure fair elections for Board members.
- Governing Documents — Review and provide recommendations on all governing documents, including Declaration, Cost Sharing Agreements, By-Laws, Condominium Plans, and Building Manuals.
- Monthly Reporting — Preparation of monthly management reports for your community.
- Online Access to Documents — Community website provides online access to governing documents, budgets, meeting minutes, notices, newsletters, and more
Comprehensive, accurate, and timely financial reporting are essential for the efficient operation of any condominium property.
Our financial team includes skilled professional administrators, supported by industry-leading finance software and experienced leadership. We have the resources, experience, and integrity to provide financial reporting that will lend confidence to your condo Board’s decision-making.
- Accounting Services – Maintain and update all corporation finances in real time. Billing and collections of common element fees and assessments.
- Banking Services – Flat-rate banking and competitive interest rates for both operating and reserve accounts.
- Budget Analysis & Preparation – Detailed annual budget packages delivered to all homeowners in your community.
- Insurance Protection – Your community is insured by a $6 million fidelity bond, the industry’s highest level of protection.
- Investment Services – Coordination with multiple industry-expert investment advisors to ensure that your investment plan meets your condo community’s goals and your investment fund is being actively monitored.
- Monthly Financial Reports – Financial statements completed and ready for delivery by the 10th business day of each month.
- Payment Automation –Pre-authorized debit payment for monthly condo fees is available to all our clients. Services to manage accounts payable and receivable.
- Payroll Automation – In-house automated payroll system in place to ensure employee payroll records are accurately recorded.
A thriving community is also a beautiful community. Professional and timely maintenance of the property is the best way to ensure your community continues to look beautiful.
Our team follows property management best practices to maintain your property’s value and curb appeal, while providing your residents with complete peace of mind.
- Common Area Care — Responsibility for the care and oversight of any property common areas, landscaping, or enhancements.
- Community Communication — Regular and timely communication about property maintenance, including notices, newsletters, information packages, etc.
- Emergency Service — 24/7 emergency after-hours service and coverage, provided by a licensed Condominium Manager.
- Monthly Management Reports — A comprehensive and detailed manager’s report is forwarded every month to your condo Board.
- Project Management — Project management and oversight for any work being performed on your condominium property.
- Property Inspections — Regular monitoring and inspections of the property’s condition are followed by a written manager’s report and recommendations for the condo Board.
- Trusted Contractors — Suppliers’ list of preferred contractors and trades with a proven track record, offering quotes at competitive rates and properly insured.
- Service & Assessments — Log, review, and dispatch service requests. Conduct needs assessment and work with your reserve fund study provider.
Preventative maintenance is a key component of professional condominium property management.
Our team will conduct regular reviews of the mechanical and physical needs of your property in order to ensure proper upkeep is delivered. Most issues can be avoided with proper maintenance and planning.
- Annual Planning — Development and preparation of an annual maintenance plan that is customized for the specific needs of your community.
- Review of Annual Contracts — Review of maintenance contracts for mechanical, landscaping, snow removal, janitorial services, planning for the coming year, and more.
- Preventative Maintenance Plans — Preventive maintenance to ensure unexpected expenses and service outages are minimized for residents.
- Trusted Contractors — Access to a pool of professional and reliable contractors that are regularly rated by our Condominium Managers, based on service delivery.
2. Leadership + Customer Care
The most successful condominium communities look for ways to become better places to live. That’s why we offer a variety of integrated services for continuous improvement and dedicated customer care, in order to keep every community operating at its best.
Effective condo management includes the management of the community, as well as the condo corporation.
Our biggest asset is our experienced team and their dedication to enhancing the living experience of the residents in your community.
- Community Newsletters – In-house preparation of newsletters for your community, to ensure that your homeowners stay informed of current events and developments.
- Community Website Management – If your condo corporation operates a community website, your Condominium Manager will assume responsibility for administration of the website / owner portals / related content in agreement with your condo Board.
- Owner Meetings – Your Condominium Manager will provide assistance in the planning and holding of owners’ meetings on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Communication Expertise – A variety of tools and techniques for mediation, resolving disputes, and handling other conflicts within your community.
- Support & Resources — Every Condominium Manager has the support and resources of the entire Wilson Blanchard team available to them.
At Wilson Blanchard, we make it a priority to emphasize professional service at all levels of our organization. When your residents communicate with emergency on-call managers, collections and accounts receivable, and other personnel, you can rest assured that they will receive the highest level of customer service.
We have implemented the following best practices to ensure consistent communication and quality customer service for all residents:
- Global manager collaboration to solve common issues found across communities.
- Mandatory monthly training for Condominium Managers.
- 24/7 emergency service calls answered by a licensed Condominium Manager.
- Company-wide policy of responding to all calls and emails within one business day.
- Regular corporate communication and site visits from the Leadership Team
Serving our customers is a team effort. Your Condominium Manager is just one of many people available to assist your residents. At Wilson Blanchard, our leadership team and support staff are available to assist with any condo issues that may arise.
3. Engagement + Affiliations
We believe that the best part of success is sharing it with nearby neighbours and communities. That’s why we’ve created programs and corporate initiatives that allow us to help communities thrive.
Associa Cares | Non-Profit Organization
Associa Cares is a non-profit organization that supports families and communities in crisis from natural or manmade disasters. Funded entirely by tax-deductible donations of Associa employees and concerned citizens across North America, Associa Cares administers resources to where they’re most needed. They help people get back on their feet and recover as quickly as possible.
- Established in 2007
- Over $3,500,000 in funds distributed to date
- Over 2,500 families assisted to date
- An average assistance amount of $1,000 given to families
Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario (ACMO)
Provides membership to corporate members, who are required to comply with a Corporate Code of Ethics and must attain their ACMO 2000 certificate within a specific timeframe. The ACMO 2000 program permits condominium management firms to put in place ISO-like quality standards in a very cost effective way. The ACMO 2000 certificate, along with the code of ethics, helps distinguish management firms in the eyes of condominium corporations.
Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
A national, independent, non-profit organization that exclusively handles condominium issues. As a Corporate Member of CCI, we receive the most up-to-date information regarding legislation, legal cases, publications, and discussion forums. We have access to all CCI conferences, courses, seminars, including Chapter and National information, news and events, direct access to certified experts in the condominium field, as well as an excellent networking opportunity with industry leaders.
Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario (CMRAO)
The Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario (CMRAO) is a self-funded non-profit corporation that is accountable to the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (MGCS). As a regulatory body providing oversight of Condominium Managers and management companies, the CMRAO helps to protect consumers in Ontario’s rapidly growing condo industry.
Regulation by the CMRAO means that Condominium Managers and management companies will be licensed, meet minimum education requirements, and comply with a code of ethics. Meeting these standards will enhance the integrity of the sector, elevate the profession, and provide condo owners with confidence in those who manage their important investment. The CMRAO also works in the public interest to license and regulate condo management professionals.
Registered Condominium Manager (RCM)
Represents knowledge and professionalism in the field of condominium management in Canada. This designation is awarded following proof of experience, participation in an established course curriculum, and successful completion of the RCM examination.
A Registered Condominium Manager must uphold recognized practices and ethical standards, and be committed to providing the highest level of service to directors, owners, and the condominium community in general.
CAI Canada is a chapter of The Community Association Institute (CAI), the largest member-only community association organization in the world. The scale of resources, knowledge, and networks allows CAI Canada the unique ability to supplement current education, advocacy, and research efforts that currently exist in Canada.